LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Why Shave When it Can be gone for good?
Stop thinking about it! Summer is coming and we have the solution to your problem!
Scroll to learn more about Treatment Areas, Prep, Process, and After care. At Bioworx Wellness, you are in great hands.
What to expect from your laser hair removal treatment?
InMode’s DiolazeXL laser hair removal technology covers large treatment areas, safely and gently reducing unwanted hair with our advanced laser technology. During treatment, a laser beam targets the hair follicle, destroying it and preventing future hair growth. Our laser hair removal technology can be safely used on most areas of the body that have unwanted hair.
The process is performed quickly per targeted area lasting between 15-30 mins. A minor discomfort is associated with the laser as it kills hair follicles, and is cooled down immediately with a built in self cooling head that works pre and post each activation of the Diode laser. This coupled with a treatment cooling gel applied to the area prior to killing those hairs makes this technology among the most popular laser treatments you date.
SCHEDULE YOUR RISK FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Areas you can treat with laser hair removal:
Preparing for your laser hair treatment
Please follow these guidelines unless your laser technician directs otherwise
• We ask that you are freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin, without lotions, oils, creams or fragrances of any kind before coming in.
• The treatment area should be shaved completely prior to treatment. Legs should be shaved no sooner than 24 hours prior to your appointment to avoid irritation. Do not wax, tweeze, epilate or use chemical depilatories between laser treatments. Since the laser targets the root of the hair, it must be present for the treatment to be effective. Shaving is the only form of hair removal recommended during the course of your treatments. A charge of $75 or more will be added if the laser tech shaves the treatment area.
• Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for two weeks before treatment.
• Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis (rain or shine).
• Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days before treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
• Follow instructions regarding all oral prescription medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation. If you are taking any new or different medications, including antibiotics, contact our office prior to your appointment.
• Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days before laser hair removal
SCHEDULE YOUR RISK FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
After Laser hair removal skin care
- It is normal to experience redness and swelling in the treatment area following laser hair removal. This may persist for several days. The treated area may feel like a razor burn or sunburn for a few hours after treatment. Over-the-counter hydrocortisone or aloe vera may be used to alleviate redness and irritation.
- Hair in the treated area will slowly shed, typically over the course of two weeks. Patchiness of hair growth is normal, and will dissipate towards the completion of your laser hair removal treatment series.
- Improper post-treatment care, including excessive heat or sun exposure of the treated area, may increase the chance of scarring, pigmentation changes and skin texture changes. It is imperative that you avoid excessive heat in the treatment area, such as hot tubs, sauna’s or working out for 24 hours after laser hair removal treatment. Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for two weeks after treatment.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis (rain or shine).
- Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days after treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
- Follow instructions regarding all oral medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation.
- Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days after laser hair removal.
- Treatments should be scheduled as follows:
Facial Areas: Every 4-6 weeks
Trunk Areas: Every 6-8 weeks
Leg Areas: Every 8-10 weeks
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (786)409-2293
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
What areas of the face or body cannot be treated with laser?
None. All areas of the face or body can be treated with the laser that is suited for your skin type.
Is laser hair removal painful?
While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, the majority of clients do not think it is painful. Our patients report that treatment with our lasers is much more comfortable than other lasers and far more comfortable than waxing. Our lasers are equipped with a built in cooled head, and used with a cooling gel aswell, that makes the treatment both comfortable and safer to the skin than other lasers. Because the lasers we use have a very large treatment area size, treatments are very quick. Any discomfort one experiences is over very quickly.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments necessary varies per individual, on average 5-8 treatments, although because of numerous variables this medical treatment cannot be guaranteed. Multiple treatments performed at 4 to 10 week intervals are necessary in order to obtain the best result. Irregular treatment schedules and prolonged intervals between treatments may reduce the efficacy of laser hair removal.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
Laser hair removal at Bioworx Wellness Spa uses FDA-cleared devices to permanently reduce hair anywhere on the face or body where smooth skin is desired. Some hair follicles are stimulated only by changes in hormone levels. Laser hair removal treatments do not prevent new hair growth in those follicles. Patients may experience hair regrowth from various hormone related causes, such as pregnancy or hormone changes related to aging.